BRAS Website Updated!

About the B.R.A.S. itself, or any topics that don't fit in the other forums.
fred8615

BRAS Website Updated!

Post by fred8615 »

I have spent the past few days updating the website to the HTML5 standard. This means a few more bells and whistles; like the new side navigation links, and a jump back to the top arrow that shows up when you scroll the main page down; removing some stuff I felt was redundant now, as well as all but one of the tables (using them for anything other than data, etc. is a big no-no now), and I may take it out at a later date. All of this necessitated changing the look of some of the pages, but I think it still looks okay.

So, try it out and let me know what you think. :mrgreen:

BTW, if you're one of those people who browse the web with Javascript turned off, you'll need to turn it on for the BRAS site, otherwise some of this new stuff isn't going to work. And needless to say, you should also have the latest version of your browser. Unless you're using IE. In that case, get a new browser period. :D I use Vivaldi (https://vivaldi.com/) myself.
Frederick J. Barnett
"Someone's got to take the responsibility if the job's going to get done!! Do you think that's easy?!" Gregory Peck - The Guns Of Navarone

fred8615

Re: BRAS Website Updated!

Post by fred8615 »

I've recently discovered that if you're using the uBlock Origin adblocker, for some reason it blocks the "Back to top" arrow from displaying. Since there are no ads or anything else harmful on the site, it's okay to have it not run on the BRAS site.
Frederick J. Barnett
"Someone's got to take the responsibility if the job's going to get done!! Do you think that's easy?!" Gregory Peck - The Guns Of Navarone

Christopher K.

Post by Christopher K. »

Thanks for all your hard work, Fred. Readers of the Forum should keep in mind that registration allows one to view the latest entries in chronological order, instead of having to open up every section. It's a much more efficient use of time.

fred8615

Post by fred8615 »

I did some further investigating, and discovered that the problem with the "Back to top" arrow not working sometimes is because of the Fanboy's Annoyances list. If that list is enabled, it blocks the arrow. If you use another list, like the Adguard annoyances and/or social media lists, it works fine.
Frederick J. Barnett