Baton Rouge Astronomical Society Forum

It is currently December 14th, 2017, 9:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: April 2nd, 2013, 2:21 pm 

This year's edition of the DSRSG Spring Scrimmage will be held from Thursday, May 9th to Sunday, May 12th.

What is it? Basically a "no-frills" Deep South Regional StarGaze. There is no registration fee per se. We do have a registration form but it is for securing lodging and meals only. We do not have speaker programs or door prize drawings. As there are fewer people we will have more space on the observing field so you can set up where you want.

There are some basic, common sense observing field rules -

no driving on or off the field at night

no green lasers unless there is unanimous mutual consent that is ok - if you want to use, you have to ask everyone on the field and they all have to agree. If any astrophotography is being done, no lasers are permitted.

Other rules are Feliciana Retreat Center rules and this has already been discussed at length. I can provide a complete copy of their rules if anyone is interested. The 3 most important things as I see it on the list (and these have to be enforced) is the following"

1) No alcoholic beverages allowed at the Feliciana Retreat Center

2) No pets allowed

3) No firearms allowed

See the DSRSG Yahoo Group website (you will have to join) and go to the Files Section for the registration form.

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/Deep ... Star-Gaze/

Hope to see some of you there!

Barry Simon

PostPosted: April 2nd, 2013, 3:52 pm 

Hi, Barry. Could you please post your Deep South alerts in the Star Parties section so noone will miss them?

PostPosted: April 3rd, 2013, 7:43 am 

I've moved it, but yeah it would be better if you posted in the right forum to start with.

PostPosted: April 16th, 2013, 9:44 am 

3.5 weeks to go to the DSRSG Spring Scrimmage (starts 5-9-13). So far here are our registrants -

Kirk Aymond
Ron Marcella
Barry Simon
Steve Edmiston
Rod Mollise
Paul McDonald
NeNe McDonald
Tim Mann
Cindy Mann
David Diaz

I will be turning in a head count at the end of next week so if you want meals and want to be assured that you have a room in the lodge, please get your registration form in (you are paying for lodging and meals only).

Questions? Let me know.

Barry Simon

PostPosted: May 9th, 2013, 1:05 pm 

I opted not to go out to Norwood last night as my car needs repairs and I didn't want to obtain a rental for twenty-four hours. Also, with the forty percent chance of thunderstorms tonight, I'm going to sit out tonight. I'd like to hear how things went last night, though.