BabelCon Game Day: Nov. 28th

About the B.R.A.S. itself, or any topics that don't fit in the other forums.
Cajun Hobbit

BabelCon Game Day: Nov. 28th

Post by Cajun Hobbit »

Date:
BabelCon Game Day is on Saturday, Nov. 28th, from 10:00 a.m. to 12 midnight in Baton Rouge, LA. Website: http://www.babelcon.org/GameClub.html

Cost:
Price is $5 per person for the entire day, which is 14 hours of play time (from 10am to 12am). BabelCon Game Day is suitable for ages 7 and up, but children under 15 must be accompanied by an adult.

Don Carter's, 9829 Airline Hwy, Baton Rouge, LA 70816. Join us in the meeting room (as you walk in the front door, its to your left, a couple of doors down from the video arcade).

Games:
All types of games are available, including Wii games, Star trek "Scene It" trivia, role-playing games (Dungeons & Dragons), miniatures (Warhammer 40k, Pirates) by Little Wars, as well as computer games (Starcraft), card games (Munchkin), Firefly LARP, Animania, Star Wars games, and dozens of board games. You may bring your own games to play with others, or join a game hosted by someone else.

You can get in free if you host a game, provided you bring at least two people to play with. E-mail BayouHalflings@aol.com to schedule your game, or for more info.

Food:
Snack machines are on location, and delicious meals are available at the snack bar. Outside food and drink are not allowed in the building.

fred8615

Re: BabelCon Game Day: Nov. 28th

Post by fred8615 »

You know this isn't really space or astronomy related. The sci-fi stuff is the only thing that even makes it borderline on topic. In the future can you please keep more on topic for this forum?
Frederick J. Barnett
"Someone's got to take the responsibility if the job's going to get done!! Do you think that's easy?!" Gregory Peck - The Guns Of Navarone

btoman

Re: BabelCon Game Day: Nov. 28th

Post by btoman »

This sort of post I personally have no problems with. BRAS and Babel-Con have at least tried to get together on some events if we haven't yet done so and we hope to do more in the future. I think there is a clear difference between Babel Con announcing a club event in our general discussion forum and the obvious topics that have no place here such as football or xxx craig ferguson LOL!

Just my two cents anyway. I realize we have forum restrictions, but in the interest of inter-club relations I would be for welcoming these sort of informational posts. Besides, a Sci-Fi club would be a great place to meet astronomy interested people who may want to join OUR club!