ALCon 2013 Atlanta
Summer Skies, Southern Hospitality
July 24 through July 27 features the Astronomical League’s national convention coming to the Fernbank Science Center in Atlanta. Hotel accommodations are available at the highly guest rated (as reviewed on TripAdvisor) Emory Conference Center and Hotel (www.emoryconferencecenter.com/index.cfm). Be sure to ask for the special ALCon rate. Emory guests enjoy free wifi and free parking.
This event is hosted by the Atlanta Astronomy Club and your Astronomical League. The Association of Lunar and Planetary Observers will participate by holding its annual meeting.
Why attend ALCon?
You will rub shoulders with, among others, research astronomers, authors, university professors, and amateurs from across the country, as well as officers of the Astronomical League and partnering organizations. You will listen to and speak with people well versed in imaging, outreach, equipment, club improvement, youth in astronomy, the art of observing, and the science of astronomy.
• Door Prizes – Celestron computerized SkyProdigy6, Orion 4.5 inch StarBlast Dob, and more!
• National Vendor Discounts — save when internet shopping!
• Nearly thirty engaging speakers, most with thirty minutes slots, share their experiences and knowledge. Topics include among others: Imaging techniques, Outreach opportunities, Planetary observations, Supernovae searches, Youth in Astronomy, Occultation timing
• Friday night’s Star-BQ held at the Agnes Scott College Bradley Observatory. Planetarium presentation by Dr.Chris De Pree
• Saturday night features the popular gala Awards Banquet with Keynote speaker Selenologist Charles Wood, creator of Sky and Telescope’s Lunar 100.
Where fellow stargazers meet and greet.
1 post • Page 1 of 1