Need to sell Zhumell Z10 10" Dobsonian + extras excel. cond.

Buy and sell astronomy or space items.
headinthestars

Need to sell Zhumell Z10 10" Dobsonian + extras excel. cond.

Post by headinthestars » December 16th, 2019, 3:38 am

I was referred to this forum by HRPO staff. I bought this Zhumell Z10 10 " Dobsonian 3 or 4 years back. I attached an Orion Dovetail mount to hold an Orion Green Laser Pointer Bracket which made the aiming of the telescope super easy. My Green laser stopped working though, however they are very affordable on Amazon or ebay these days. I used the telescope twice in my back yard and one about 15 miles away in a dark fields with almost no light pollution. I was able to resolve the Whirlpool and Pinwheel galaxies with impressive detail in their spiral structure. You can see Neil Armstrong's footprints on the Moon, JUST KIDDING. I put it in storage completely covered with plastic on my back porch which is walled in with windows and not open to the elements. The telescope has been sitting there ever since. It comes with all original accessories, most important being the laser collimator. I even have the original box for the Optical Tube Assembly. I live in southwest rural Rapides Parish but I can deliver it to Baton Rouge if necessary. This is classed as an intermediate level scope but it is incredibly simple and easy to use with the Alt-Azimuth Dobsonian base. The tube is of course Newtonian with a fairly long focal length and a versatile f ratio. I was going to mount it on a very heavy duty equatorial mount for astro-photography one day because the optics are amazing. I've since had health issues and currently have financial difficulties forcing me to prioritize the giving up of some of my possessions.
This scope retails for $700 on all the web sites that sell it and is out of stock on some right now.
he extras included cost $48
I paid less than $700 for the Z10 but after the freight surcharge for shipping it was $700

I am not a greedy person, only currently a needy one. Make me an offer on the scope reflecting what you think it is worth or even what you are able to afford and you might be surprised. I'd like to see this go to anyone who has a passion for Astronomy and/or loves to learn and understand. That way I know it will be put to good use.

Pics includes are a pic of the scope in my back yard at night while in use and a nice pic of the moon I took with the scope using an Orion Steadypix universal smartphone adapter attached to a 32 mm widefield 1.25" eyepiece.

Contact Mark, email mark.r.carlock@gmail.com
or if serious about buying contact by phone at (318) 592-0152 (mobile) or (318)659-4596 (landline)

Below are links to manufacturer info and retail sites that sell the Z10:

https://zhumell.com/products/zhumell-z1 ... -telescope

https://www.amazon.com/Zhumell-Deluxe-D ... CUZT4?th=1

https://www.highpointscientific.com/zhu ... -zhue024-1
Attachments
Zhumell telescope in back yard.jpg
The Zhumell Zhumell Z10 being used in my back yard
Zhumell telescope in back yard.jpg (179 KiB) Viewed 237 times
moon pic taken with Zhumell Z10 Dobsonian Telescope.jpg
Nice pic of the moon I took using the Z10
moon pic taken with Zhumell Z10 Dobsonian Telescope.jpg (163.49 KiB) Viewed 237 times
extras with Zhumell telescope.png
These are the extras I'm including with the telescope
extras with Zhumell telescope.png (74.4 KiB) Viewed 237 times